I am always on the look-out for things that make travelling that bit easier, cheaper, and my backpack lighter. I found a product the other day that ticks all the above boxes, so to speak, and it is… a shampoo bar. You know, like a bar of soap but for hair. It was mentioned on a website so I thought I ought to investigate. I wandered down to my local Lush shop and asked if they had such a thing. To my amazement, they not only had one but a full selection of shampoo bars. It’s a whole new world! After much deliberation over which one to buy for my next trip, I chose the one pictured below…
I was a bit dubious about whether a bar of shampoo could replace my usual liquid version so, for a trial run, I tried it out this morning after a workout at the gym. I couldn’t believe how much it lathered up. It really did work well. As a travel item, it’s great for 5 reasons:
- It isn’t liquid so it will help you to stay within your quota for carry-on luggage.
- There’s no risk of spillage as it is solid.
- It potentially has more than one use: shampoo and soap (for body and clothes). If something has more than one use then it gets the thumbs up from me!
- It is small and light for travelling.
- It is good for the environment because there is no packaging 🙂
I’d love to hear from fellow shampoo bar users! I know you’re out there!