What is coaching?
Coaching is a one-to-one relationship. It is a way of supporting the individual in a non-directive way. It is life changing process which allows you to explore your ideas, fears, goals and challenges, to discover what has been holding you back, to challenge any limiting beliefs and then to replace them with new empowering beliefs and ideas. Coaching will enable you to come up with what you want and then:
- evaluate how possible it is to achieve it
- help you identify any obstacles you may have to overcome along the way
- look at all your options
- help you to set and achieve those important goals
- use ‘tools’ and techniques to assist you in moving towards your goals at your own pace.
How can you help me?
Your coach will be there to encourage, motivate and support you personally during your 1-1 coaching. You will be listened to and respected but they won’t tell you what you should do nor give you advice. Instead they will help you to identify and develop your strengths and recognise and challenge your fears. Coaching is NOT counselling, psychotherapy, mentoring or teaching. Coaches know you have all the answers and that you are the expert in your life. Your coach will help you to find those answers to help move you forward.
What can I expect as a client?
You can expect to improve your self-awareness, identify what is important to you, how to plan for what you want, how to set goals that are realistic and achieveable, and how to achieve those important goals. Coaching will help you to focus on what you want rather than on what you don’t want.
How do I get started?
Contact us by email or telephone. You will receive an information pack by email, which will include a client profile sheet (telling me more about what you want) as well as a coaching agreement. You will then return your questionnaire by email and your coaching agreement by post, prior to starting your sessions. This gives us a better understanding of what is going on in your life right now and what you want to achieve from coaching. It saves time and ensures you are on the right course of action.
What happens during a coaching session?
During sessions, either over the telephone, via Skype, during a one to one meeting, or via email you will explore how far you have come and what your current goal is for the session. Through the use of powerful and effective questioning along with coaching ‘tools’ it will be possible to identify what is currently working well in your life, what is not working so well, what you want in your life and how to go about getting those things. With your coaches help:
- You will determine the topic to be explored
- You will agree to set specific actions during each session, which you will act on between sessions
- You will be made aware of any negative language or limiting beliefs you currently have
- You will be listened to carefully and respectfully
- You will be supported during all the sessions
- You will never be judged nor criticised
- You will not be told what to do